Our window and door products specialists can assist you with a preliminary quote that will cover sizes, options and hardware, approximate costs and delivery and/or installation dates.
Contact us Today!
or Email us at:
Download our Technical Catalog to learn more about BrombalUSA products.
Click Graphic to Download
Bi-fold doors are excellent in areas where unobstructed views are required. Utilizing our OS2 system you get the energy performance benefits of a Thermally Broken system, narrow sightlines, which are much smaller than aluminum, and you can span wider and taller openings due to the structural stability of the steel sections. Units can hinge from the inside, outside, or in the center to take maximum advantage of the available space. Each unit is designed specifically for the opening. Custom hardware is utilized to create either a flush sill or step as required. The first leaf can operate independently with a multi point lock to serve as the primary door. The adjacent leaf can offer a French door application. Units can slide in one direction or can part in the middle. Talk to us about your design and we will work with you to accomplish you goals.
Bi-Fold Door Products
Bi-fold doors are a great option to consider instead of French doors or sliding doors when a partially open or a wide, completely open, uninterrupted wall is desired. The advantages of bi-fold doors are now available from Steel Windows and Doors USA with the strength and longevity of a steel product with a thermal break. Some features of note for this new line are:
- Individually operable swinging doors can be incorporated, allowing the first leaf to open as a regular door or the first two leafs to open as a French door.
- They are available as a thermally broken product, with the accompanying great insulating value.
- A wide variety of hardware options are available, including multi-point locking systems and the Cremone Bolt, a French inspired, highly decorative, surface mounted lock system.
- These doors are available in a wide range of materials, including galvanized powder coated steel, stainless steel, Cor-Ten steel and bronze.
- A variety of glazing options are available, including argon filled glass and several different glass coatings.
- These doors systems offer a great deal of design flexibility for an architect. The variety of materials, glazing materials, and hardware has already been noted. Also:
- The glazing is installed on-site, so there is great flexibility with regard to glazing and door material combinations.
- The number of panels can be chosen to suit any particular configuration and opening size.
- The bi-fold doors can be designed to meet at a corner without a corner post, providing an unobstructed opening.
These doors systems offer a great deal of design flexibility for an architect. There are a variety of materials, glazing materials, and hardware available for this product.
To learn more about Steel Windows & Doors and our entire product line, please contact us directly.
All of our bi-fold doors are made specifically for each opening. The height and width of each panel is determined by the style and layout of the unit. Please contact us to discuss the details of your project.
Materials and Finishes
As a standard option, all of our Brombal products are offered in a powder coat finish in any RAL colors They are also available in the materials listed below:
Steel is an iron alloy which uses are countless. Simple, tough, and perfect for a variety of uses, Steel boasts great tradition and plays an irreplaceable role in the building industry...
Stainless steel is an iron alloy containing chromium, nickel, and molybdenum. It was discovered in 1913 by Englishman Harry Brearly after realizing he created a metal which resisted rusting when exposed to atmospheric elements...
CorTen steel is a high tensile strength, corrosion resistant steel alloy which contains copper, chromium and phosphorous. The name (Cor-Ten) reflects the special properties of this allows…
Utilizing the highest quality bronze in the fenestration industry, our products are made from 67% copper and 33% Zinc. This ratio is what allows the alloy to acquire a beautiful patina typical of old bronze…
Bi-Metal allows the flexibility of choosing 2 different types of materials to meet interior and exterior design demands. The ability to combine our available metal materials different on each side…
Metal-Wood is exactly as it sounds. The ability to combine our available metal materials on one side, and the warmth of wood on the opposite side is now possible. This allows you to carry…
Bi Fold doors are capable of transforming many different configurations in one door. Imagine the ability to open just one panel, multiple, or open the door the entire way.
Single Door Function
French Door Function
Partially Open Function
Fully Open Function
At Brombal, the attention to detail doesn't stop at the fabrication of the units. The hardware provides the details which complete the look and style of your windows and doors. We offer a variety of handles and style to choose from ranging from traditional to contemporary. See below for some of the options available.
Please contact us for special hardware requests. We have the ability to replicate and remake custom hardware or utilize a specific hardware of your choice.
Since all of our units are shipped without glass, it provides great flexibility for the selection of glass based on your specific needs. We work with the largest glass vendors in the country to provide the most energy efficient solution. Some of the vendors we work with are PPG, Cardinal and others.
Please visit our FAQ section for more information on glazing.